What Makes Us Different?
- We Innovate With first to market initiatives that exceed our customers’ expectations.
- We Take Pride With best-in-class execution.
- We Work Smart With intensity and passion.
- We’re Relentless To produce extraordinary results.
- We’re Leaders Creating world-class retail experiences.
- We’re Accountable To each other and the business.
- We’re Responsible To our world and environment.
- We are Dedicated To the health of all Canadians.
- It’s Who We Are.
As a corporate leader, we have a calling and a responsibility to protect our environment and reduce our ecological footprint through ongoing changes and enhancements to our operational efficiency and purchasing policies:
Waste Reduction & Diversion
Our goal is to help eliminate and reduce the volume of waste destined for landfills through the implementation of cost-effective diversion programs. The goal of zero waste is a lofty one, but we are taking steps to achieve - turn organics into compost, reuse recyclables and convert non-recyclables to electricity.
Deployment of the latest energy management systems in our stores and in our offices is one way we are decreasing our energy demands. Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix is a proud participant in the WWF’s Earth Hour each March.
Environmentally Friendly Products
More and more, consumers are demanding “greener” products for their homes and their families. In response to this, we are continually evolving and innovating our private label and exclusive brand offerings of such products – BioLife, Nativa Organics to name a few.
Inclusion at Shoppers Drug Mart means feeling respected and valued.
Diversity at Shoppers Drug Mart means different ideas, beliefs, needs are considered.
At Shoppers Drug Mart we will strive to be fair in our policies, practices and behaviours.
Accessibility at Shoppers Drug Mart means ensuring everything is 'within reach'.
Our Store Standard for Diversity
Our Store team is committed to:
- Providing excellent customer service to all segments of the public, without discrimination;
- Ensuring that hiring practices are bias-free;
- Reflecting the racial diversity of the community in the store workforce;
- Maintaining an environment that is free from any form of discrimination or harassment;
- Ensuring that any instance of discrimination or harassment is investigated, thoroughly and confidentially;
- Taking disciplinary measures for anyone found
engaging in discriminatory or harassing behaviours against co-workers,
customers or members of the public.
All decisions about hiring, promotion and working conditions:
- Are made based on objective criteria related to job and work requirements;
- Do not consider any of the factors listed in the definition of discrimination.
Our employees are expected to:
- Abide by the values of equal opportunity and non-discrimination and with Human Rights Codes and legislation;
- Be consistent with these values in your dealings with others, including with customers and the general public;
- Report any behaviour inconsistent with these values or the law to a member of the management team;
- Treat customers and co-workers with honesty, courtesy and respect;
- Promptly report any instance of discrimination
or harassment that is inconsistent with the law or store policies
outlined in Equitable the employee handbook.